Note that dues are increasing January 1 so if you want to extend your membership at the current rates, now’s the time!
- > NEW SAQA Regional Showcase
- – The Natural World has been approved by the Exhibition Committee. The complete call will be available early January 2018.
- – New component of the entry will be providing an off cut or small touchable example to share with children and others. You may(not required) also provide a line drawing of your work to be used a coloring page for younger students.
- – Rather than the regular opening, educational component/docent tours at selected venues will usher and educate viewers through the showcase. Volunteers will be needed to structure these tours.
- – We will be offering the group the opportunity to have one of our member’s husband, Mike Dunnets, come and do photos for the showcase. More info will follow on the dates and costs involved, probably in November. Also we will revisit the entry program and have a “group” entry available for newbies to the process.
- > Passages-Cynthia’s announcement
– Our Passages show will be part of the AQS Show in Paducah, KY and Virginia Beach, VA. Dates for Paducah —September 12-15, 2018 and Virginia Beach—Oct 3-6, 2018
- > New trunk show next spring
– Dates are still available. Please let everyone know at your local guilds to check for an available date for Cynthia or Rhonda to come. NO CHARGE TO THE GUILD except for mileage.
- > SAQA How to Register program
– Please send an email to Rhonda at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like a copy of this slide show on how to enter using ArtCall.
- > Dates and Times for next years meetings
– Time change: meeting times will be 10am-12pm. Extra time will be added to the end of this as needed for special events.
– Please note these dates may have changed due to scheduling conflicts at IQSC. ALL MEETINGS WILL BE AT IQSC IN LINCOLN.
– MARCH 10, 2018 (2ND SATURDAY)
– JUNE 16, 2018 (3RD SATURDAY)
– SEPTEMBER 8, 2018 (2ND SATURDAY)
– NOVEMBER 17, 2018 (3RD SATURDAY)
- > Show and tell and Kudos
– Jo Alberda, Chris Taylor, Cindy Erickson, all had show and tell.
– Cindy Erickson had work and LaVonne Dunnets & Rhonda Baldwin had photos of work completed at the Deborah Boschert Class in Omaha earlier this month.
Our next meeting is March 10, 2018