Information below comes from SAQA:
Benefit Auction Donation (Form Instructions)
Please review the information below before completing the Auction Donation Form as we have added some important changes for 2015.
New for 2015:
- ALL Benefit Auction quilts will be available for $1,000 each on September 18 as part of a Diamond Day promotion. This early bidding window will remain in effect until September 21 at 1:30pm EDT.
- The final auction price has been increased to $100 (from $75).
- During the Holiday Sale, quilts will be sold for $75 in the SAQA Store (ends December 31st).
- New options for unsold quilts (after the SAQA Holiday Sale is complete). Please make the appropriate selection on your form.
- Quilt is returned to the artist
- Quilt is sent to another artist as part of the Art Swap program
- Quilt is kept by SAQA (to save return postage costs)
- Donations MUST be 12” x 12”. All embellishments and/or hanging methods must be within the 12” x 12” size. Only ONE work per artist will be accepted.
- All artwork donated must be ready to hang. Quilts should have a sleeve (at least 2 inches) for hanging. Slats are optional, but appreciated by the collector.
- Artwork on stretcher bars will be accepted but may not be any larger than 12” x 12” after mounting and should be no deeper than 1 inch (2.5 cm) after mounting. Artwork on stretchers must have hooks and wire attached for hanging. Mounted work will not be considered for display at the International Quilt Festival(s) because of hanging restrictions.
- All donations must have a label on the back, with the title (or “untitled”) and artist’s name clearly written.
Early Bird Deadline: April 1, 2014.
The Early Bird DEADLINE of April 1st will make your donation eligible to be included in the Benefit Auction promotional brochures.
Final Deadline: June 1, 2014.
Quilts must be received by this date. Donated quilts will then be separated into four sets – three sets for the online auction and one set for the Houston auction (a special committee selects the Houston quilts).
If you email a jpg, it must be good quality: evenly lit, in focus, no smaller than the preferred size of 800 x 800 pixels, with the background edited to pure white or cropped close to the edges of the square — a white wall is not the same thing! Do not crop the edges of your quilt. Include your name, the title and email directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Images will not be posted to the website until artwork is received.
Once you complete the online submission form, you will receive a confirmation email. Print this email out and include it with your shipment. If you didn’t receive an email (check your Spam folders), contact email@example.com to ensure that your form went through.
12 Conchas Loop
Santa Fe, NM 87508
Please use tissue paper or bubble wrap to protect your work in shipping. Packing should not include scented garbage bags, peanuts, confetti, shredded paper, scented plastic or padded envelopes filled with linty fuzz – all these things make a mess when opening the package. And the confetti and fuzzy stuff sticks to the quilts.
Mail your donation with a tracking number, or enclose a stamped and addressed postcard to let you know it arrived. The auction coordinator will NOT email donors when work arrives (except for international donations).
If you are in the US, the fastest (generally only 2-3 days) and cheapest way to send your donation is by USPS Priority Mail. You can send it at a discount by using Click-n-Ship, a free online service of USPS at https://sss-web.usps.com/cns/landing.do.
International donations should be sent early enough to arrive by the deadline, including time to clear Customs. Be advised that it can take up to 3 weeks for boxes to clear customs.
All quilts must be received by the June 1st deadline!